Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Who needs comfort anyway?

What am I doing today? Stepping out of my comfort zone.

I'm planning to go to somewhere tonight that I've never been before with people I don't really know. I never do things like this. I tend to frequent the same places with people that I know well. I don't even really like showing up places without a close friend. But I'm going and I'm determined to be friendly and outgoing and to have fun. It will happen. It's been decided. This probably makes no sense... but in my head it's a really big deal.

I also have been talking to people all day that I don't really know at work. I introduced myself to 3 people and I wasn't even the awkward turtle that I normally am! This is a big accomplishment. I know you're probably wondering how I could possibly be awkward when my blog is so thoroughly lovely and entertaining. I'm much more witty and charming in writing than in person, trust me. I'm also really modest about my writing skills :)

How does this benefit others? I stopped obsessing over how I was being perceived and actually interacted with other people on a real level. Maybe if I (we) did that more often... people would feel like they really matter and aren't invisible. So today was me trying to accomplish that in a small way.

No comments:

Post a Comment