Saturday, April 30, 2011

Free time. What's that?

“We can do no great things, only small things with great love.” --Mother Teresa

I know, I know. A true fact about life is that you either have time or money, but never both. If you have a job, then you have no time. If you don't have a job, then you have no money. Somehow I managed to have very little time and money. Gotta love that worthless college degree...

BUT in my very little spare time, occasionally I like to volunteer it to others. 

So that's what I did today.

It wasn't earth shattering. I didn't cure poverty or world hunger. I just helped my mom with an event at the YMCA. But I respect the YMCA's mission and thus, feel like it was worthwhile. Helping occasionally is a great thing! If everyone did it, it would make a huge impact. And it's a much better use of my time than watching The Social Network, which may or may not have been what I did yesterday. But that's beside the point. Just overlook that.  

No comments:

Post a Comment