Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Plaza Mayor

It seemed that every place we visited in Spain had a large square called Plaza Mayor. I’m thinking that this is their version of a Main Street. This is the one in Madrid. It looked oddly familiar to me and then I learned that it has been in several movies. So maybe that’s why.



This is the one in Salamanca, where we were lucky enough to stumble upon several bachelorette parties and a “flash mob.” I use the term “flash mob” loosely, because they announced that they were going to perform a “flash mob” before any dancing had occurred. So it was more just like dancing in a public place, but sure. We’ll let them think what they like.



Plaza Mayor in Salamanca is often called the “living room of the city,” which I thought was a good way to put it. It’s a great place to hang out and people watch in the heart of the city.

No comments:

Post a Comment