Monday, July 25, 2011

The Goods

“Buddy, I think you been spending too much time inhaling them cleaning products.” –The Terminal

Armed with a list and a jubilant spirit, I walked through the aisles of Target on a mission. I knew to head toward the cleaning supply area. But once I got there, it took me a while to spot what I was searching for. Word to the wise, the ingredients I was looking for will either be on the bottom shelf or the top shelf. Next time, I will be bringing a tall friend or step ladder. There are only so many times that I can strategically scale the side of a shelf without it collapsing to the ground. The odds are not in my favor. Have you seen how unstable those things are? I mean, really... do they think all eco-friendly people are tall? But I digress.

My shopping list:
Borax
Baking soda
Washing soda
Vinegar (white, distilled)
A spray bottle
Sponges (because my old ones are contaminated by toxic chemicals J)
Lemon Juice
Liquid soap/detergent (I sprung for the natural variety)
Olive oil

Most of these things are not foreign to me... but are products that I would not typically use for cleaning purposes. But it is kind of comforting to know that I will be cleaning mostly with products that I use to cook. Thus, surely if it’s safe to ingest them, it’s safe to breathe while in their company.

I’m proud to say that I made it home safely with all of the above products in tow... and I only had to shop at one store. So far, not so complicated. And even better, I got the large sizes of everything and spent under $30! I think I just got a little bit more excited about this, if that’s even possible!

No comments:

Post a Comment