Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Chocolate (Spanish style)

We went on a day trip to the charming town of Vila Joiosa, home of the Valor Chocolate Museum/Factory. Valor is the Hershey’s of Spain. So it’s kind of a big deal.



Fun Fact: Spaniards love dark chocolate. I have never seen so many different varieties of dark chocolate. And it was shut-the-front-door awesome. I’m starting to think that this is one of the many reasons why Europeans are typically thinner than Americans. You can eat one small piece of dark chocolate and be content, while it takes a lot more milk chocolate to satisfy your chocolate craving. But I totally just made that up from my own assumptions.

My friend and I were definitely the only people on the tour, so we had our fair share of free samples. Yum!

During my Spanish adventure, I also developed a love for churos. For those of you that don’t know, churos are a delightful food, akin to funnel cake dipped in delicious hot fudge sauce. In Spain, they eat this for breakfast and/or a snack. We tried it both times of day. I preferred it as a snack but adored the freshly squeezed orange juice that accompanied it at breakfast. So really, it was a bi-winning situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment