Tuesday, May 17, 2011

If a snail can do it...

“I am a little pencil in the hand of a writing God who is sending a love letter to the world.” --Mother Teresa

What did I do today? Sent some mail.

I don’t know about you, but getting a tangible note is always really exciting. There’s something about the extra little effort that someone went through to communicate with you. It’s also especially appealing to get a personal note amongst the other mail, consisting of advertisements and credit card applications (does everyone else get like 500 of those a day? Or am I just lucky like that?).

So if I like getting mail, I thought other people might like it too.

Today I sent a co-worker a card to his home address. He recently had surgery and I wanted him to know that I had been thinking/praying about him. I think my parents’ generation is really good about sending cards of support and congratulations, but I frequently forget. I usually just tell someone the next time I see them... but I’m trying to be better about actually sending them a card. I’m trying to take a few minutes out of my day and let someone else know that I thought of them.

I’ve also discovered that I really like hand making my own cards. This has become an added bonus. I get to be creative and crafty, while at the same time making someone else smile?!?! I love it when two positive worlds merge into a giant blob of awesomeness. It’s superb!

No comments:

Post a Comment