Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Hey you!

We tend to forget that happiness doesn’t come as a result of getting something we don’t have, but rather of recognizing and appreciating what we do have.” --Frederick Keonig

What did I do today? I called someone just to say hi.

Sometimes my life gets so busy that the only time I call other people is to ask them for something or to plan to get together. The second reason is not so bad... but I can do better than that.

Today I called several people that I’m close to... just to say hi and tell them that I appreciate their friendship. All of them were really surprised and probably a little weirded out. But they all said that it made their day.

We so often forget to appreciate the people that are most important in our lives. BUT we also forget how much we are appreciated. So tell those that you love that you love them... don’t just assume it goes without saying. It will probably be awkward if you never tell your friends that. As my friend Molly says, “Move some furniture so there is room for the awkwardness.” You’ve got to start somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment