Monday, June 13, 2011

SPAIN

Everyone should know by now that I love learning new things. Recently, I went on an adventure to Spain to visit a fabulous friend. And I learned tons. I will now take this opportunity to impart some of my Spanish wisdom through a series that I will call “FUN FACTS ABOUT SPAIN!”
I started out my trip in Madrid, the capital city of Spain. Upon first glance, it appears to be your average large city: hectic streets, busy-looking people, and constant noise. Like so:

But Madrid has a very rich history… leading me to my first FUN FACT ABOUT SPAIN!
The official symbol of Madrid is a bear on its hind legs, munching on berries from a tree. This is a metaphor for Madrid’s rapid growth and represents the possession and importance of wood, which is essential to build a strong country.

You can definitely feel the vibrancy of this city… I don’t really know where the berries fit in though. Maybe that represents the awesome Sangria that they drink. Is that a stretch? I think not.

No comments:

Post a Comment